Bank from anywhere, on your way to everywhere. As a student, it is important to have on-the-go and easy access to your money. Ameris Bank offers the checking, savings, credit card and account access solutions you need to manage your money and build responsible financial habits for years to come.
- Easy-to-use checking account
- Online, Mobile and Text Banking
- Savings accounts to earn a little extra
- A credit card offering big-time buying power
Everything you need to know
Don't spend all your extra money! With a savings accounts, you'll have extra cash when you want to buy something big or do something important.
- $100 to open the account; $200 minimum daily balance to earn interest1
- Access to online, mobile and telephone banking, plus e-statements and alerts
- $11 quarterly account price OR $0 quarterly account price when a $300 or greater average daily balance is maintained
- A savings withdrawal fee of $10 will be charged for each debit transaction2 in excess of 6 per quarter. This is an activity fee unrelated to the federal transaction limitations.3
Lower your quarterly account price to $9, if assessed, by enrolling in e-statements.
A Visa® credit card gives you a convenient way to make purchases. These two options are appropriate for young people in your position.
- Earn 1.5 points monthly for every dollar you spend on eligible net purchases4
- No cap or limit on the points you can earn, plus you have five years to redeem points for rewards5
- 2,500 bonus rewards points awarded after first purchase6, redeemable for $25 cash back, merchandise, gift cards or travel savings
- Provides an excellent opportunity for someone starting a credit history or for someone who has been turned down for a credit card. If you need to improve or re-establish your credit history7 , here’s a great way to begin that process.
- Enjoy the convenience of credit including the option to carry a balance while earning interest on your savings account.
Learn about all our Visa® and American Express® credit card options.
YOUR SUCCESS IS OUR JOB
We're here to help every step of the way.
1 If you close account before interest is credited, you may not receive the accrued interest.
2 Debit transactions include withdrawals made in person at an Ameris Bank office or at an ATM, automatic transfer or payment from the account.
3 Federal Transaction Limitations: Federal law governs withdrawal transactions from Savings and Money Market accounts. And if transactions exceed limits, the account could be reclassified as non-interest bearing. Federal law limits transfers to another deposit account with Ameris Bank or to a third party to a total of 6 per statement cycle (or 6 per month for quarterly statements). These transfers include: preauthorized agreement, telephone request, check, debit card, draft including online banking transfers and sweep transfers. Withdrawals made in person at an Ameris Bank office or at an ATM are not subject to these limitations.
4 Real Rewards: You will earn 1.5 Reward Points (“Points”) for each dollar of eligible Net Purchases made with your Account within a billing cycle (equal to 1.5% cash back). Monthly net purchase points will be applied each billing cycle. Points expire five years from the end of the quarter in which they are earned.
5 The Elan Rewards Program is subject to change. Rewards are earned on eligible net purchases. Net purchases are purchases minus credits and returns. Not all transactions are eligible to earn rewards, such as Advances, Balance Transfers and Convenience Checks. Upon approval, see your Cardmember Agreement for details. You may not redeem Points, and you will immediately lose all of your Points, if your Account is closed to future transactions (including, but not limited to, due to Program misuse, failure to pay, bankruptcy, or death).
6 Bonus rewards points or cash back will be applied 6 to 8 weeks after first purchase and are not awarded for balance transfers or cash advances. One-time bonus rewards will be awarded after net purchases totaling $1,000 or more are made to your account within three months from account opening.
7 Late payments and going over the credit limit may damage your credit history.
The creditor and issuer of these cards is Elan Financial Services, pursuant to separate licenses from Visa U.S.A. Inc.
All credit cards are subject to credit approval.
Ameris Bank is a full-service financial institution serving customers in the Southeast and Mid-Atlantic, with locations in Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Maryland, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee and Virginia